While on the property, you will be required to follow these guidelines. They are for your protection and in the best interest of every guest. Non-compliance may compromise or terminate your stay.
Newly arriving guests meet with a staff volunteer case worker upon arrival. Staff volunteers are given responsibility to facilitate most functions, please listen and cooperate. As a guest of the Beacon of Hope Gospel Rescue Mission, your attitude, willingness to get along with others, accepting assigned chores, keeping your area clean, and following the general policies will ensure your designated stay.
Our guest policies are designed to protect our guests, volunteers and any other persons who may be in or around the vicinity of our shelter location (either temporary or permanently). Policies are intended to make the shelter a safe and welcoming environment in which our guests and volunteers can enjoy fellowship, safety and rest together.
Our guest policies are simple and clear. Violating one or more of our policies will result in immediate termination of stay.
Incidents of sexual harassment, disrespect of staff volunteers or others, vandalism or theft may result in immediate termination of stay.
Shelter guests are expected to attend evening chapel services. Please turn off all electronic devices. Please refrain from talking during the service to give courteous attention to the speaker.
Only approved volunteers are allowed in kitchen areas.
Please dispose of all garbage items in appropriate receptacles.
- Smoking and/or vaping will be in designated areas only.
- Chewing tobacco is not allowed on the property.
- Minors are not allowed in the smoking area.
- Please dispose of all cigarettes or smoking garbage in appropriate receptacles - please be sure all lit items are fully extinguished before throwing them away.
- Violence or threats of violence
- Consumption, sharing or selling of alcohol of any kind
- Consumption, sharing or selling of illegal drugs of any kind
- Possession or distribution of pornographic materials
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking or vaping in non-designated areas.
- Illegal Drugs
- Chewing tobacco
- Weapons of any kind
- Pornographic materials
With special permission, pets which are thoroughly trained and under control may be allowed to stay with their owner. This permission is subject to the building owner's policy.
You are responsible for your own property. The Mission, Church, staff or property owner will not be responsible for any valuables that are lost, broken or stolen.
Please be advised all personal property may be subject to search if reasonable suspicion exists for the safety of guests and staff.